Description/ Job Summary
The Real Estate Manager’s role is to identify and develop new billboard sites and manage the company’s existing portfolio of leases. This includes working with landowners in proposing and negotiating equitable agreements. In addition, the Real Estate Manager is responsible for all permitting related to the operation of the assets and vegetation maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiate new leases and renew existing leases
- Identify and evaluate potential new build locations
- Monitor zoning requirements and sign ordinances; assess their impact upon Transformation Media’s business interests
- Investigate and resolve lessor complaints and issues including property owner changes, securing deeds, W-9’s and memorandums when needed
- Negotiate rent reductions, complete site acquisitions, construct new builds and manage structure removals consistent with budgeted targets
- Manage the Lease Management system within TM’s software system
- Secure and manage structure and vegetation permits
- Evaluate and approve lease payables
- Negotiating favorable lease terms
- Managing, and if applicable, reducing lease rental cost
- Reviewing, inspecting, evaluating lease sites, structures
- Knowing the market, demographics, streets, retail and commercial centers, etc.
- Writing persuasive business letters to lessors, governmental agencies and other interested parties
- Working with legal counsel in all matters involving restrictive zoning, takings, lease contract violations and other issues as required
- Prepare and file for permits and certificates necessary for statutory compliance
- Manage lease payables and percentage override rents
- Two years of experience in outdoor advertising real estate or three years of experience in commercial real estate, appraising or similar combination of education and training
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Read and comprehend complex correspondence; write concise, persuasive business correspondence
- Excellent communication skills
Occasional travel may be required.
84 Lumber offers a comprehensive benefits package including; paid time off, medical, dental, vision plans and a 401K retirement programs.